Divorce Attorney In Southern Pines

Divorce Is A Difficult Experience On Many Levels: Emotionally, Legally And, Often, Financially

At Baker Law Firm in North Carolina, we work closely with clients as they go through the divorce process. We fully explain all of their options to make sure that they have the information they need to make sound decisions about how to proceed with the divorce. If your divorce is contentious, we will stand up for your rights and fight for what is yours.

Get the personal service and skilled representation you deserve as you go through your divorce. Whether you are military or civilian, you can benefit from attorney Baker's approach to family law. Contact us today for a consultation.

Working Hard To Resolve Your Divorce Issues

Under most circumstances, to file for divorce in North Carolina, you must be separated for one year, you must be a resident of North Carolina for six months prior to filing, and you must have the intent of making North Carolina your permanent home. If you meet these criteria, you can obtain an absolute divorce. Even if there are other issues to address such as children and debts, this will not stop you from obtaining a divorce.

In North Carolina, each issue is bifurcated, which means each matter that is part of a divorce action can be deal with separately. To file for an absolute divorce, the parties need to be separated for at least one year and one party has to form the intent to separate. During this time, the marital relationship cannot resume.

Comprehensive Legal Separation Assistance

Even though you must be separated for one year to obtain a divorce, you can still file other existing claims involving:

The courts recognize that these important matters cannot wait a year to be resolved.

Protect Your Rights In Divorce

Contact a divorce lawyer at Baker Law Firm today to discuss the specifics of your situation with an attorney at our firm. Call us at 910-705-4937 to set up a consultation. If circumstances warrant, including military deployment, we can accommodate you by meeting over the phone or through email. We serve Moore County, Hoke County and Harnett County.